Red’s Catering prepares every meal in-house with the freshest ingredients daily including our Spinach Lasagna. Red’s decided, why not share our favorite recipes for others to have?
Here is our Spinach Lasagna recipe. Indulge and enjoy!
Ingredients & Cooking Ware
- 1 1/2-quart casserole dish
- Large Pot
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder (as much or little for your taste buds)
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 1 bunch fresh spinach chopped in half
- 1 (8 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 pinch dried basil
- Salt and ground black pepper (as much or little for your taste buds)
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish with olive oil.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Once the water is at a boil cook the lasagna, stir occasionally, until cooked but firm (about 8 minutes). Drain the lasagna.
- Cook the spinach by placing a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom. Once boiled, add spinach. Cover and steam until tender, 2 to 6 minutes. Drain.
- Mix spinach, ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, garlic powder, basil, salt, and black pepper in a bowl (spinach mixture).
- Spread 1/4 cup pasta sauce on the bottom of the prepared casserole dish; top with 3 lasagna noodles, 1/2 of the spinach mixture, and 1/4 cup pasta sauce. Repeat layers of 3 more noodles, 1/2 cup of the spinach mixture, and 1/4 cup pasta sauce. End with remaining 3 lasagna noodles and 1/4 cup pasta sauce. Sprinkle 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese on top for a cheesy taste. Cover casserole with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Uncover, watch and continue baking until the cheese is bubbling and lightly browned (about 25 more minutes). Let the lasagna cool for 7 minutes before serving.