This is a Food Network recipe. The original post can be found here.
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half through the core
- 4 ounces pancetta, 1/4-inch-diced
- 1/4 cup good olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon syrupy balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the Brussels sprouts on a sheet pan, including some of the loose leaves, which get crispy when they’re roasted.
- Add the pancetta, olive oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper, toss with your hands, and spread out in a single layer.
- Roast the Brussels sprouts for 20 to 30 minutes, until they’re tender and nicely browned and the pancetta is cooked. Toss once during roasting.
- Remove from the oven, drizzle immediately with the balsamic vinegar, and toss again.
- Taste for seasonings, and serve hot.