This is a Gimme Some Oven recipe. The original post can be found here.
- 8 oz. (about 1 packed cup) chopped dates
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds or flax seeds
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats (dry, not cooked)
- 1 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1 cup toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- Combine the dates, honey, pumpkin puree, chia (or flax) seeds, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt in a food processor, and pulse until smooth and combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl, and stir in the oats, coconut flakes, and pepitas until evenly combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Once the mixture is cool (and easier to work with), use a spoon or cookie scoop to shape it into your desired size of energy balls. (Mine were about 1-inch in diameter.) Alternately, you can line a small baking pan with parchment paper, and press the mixture evenly into the pan, let it cool, and then cut into bars.
- Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. (Storing them in the refrigerator especially helps the energy bites hold their shape.)